Praia dos Ingleses
In the north of the island of Santa Caratina, 33 km from the center is located at Praia dos Ingleses. With 5 km of white sands and crystal clear waters, to this day keeps the traces of Azorean settlers in culture, architecture and gastronomy.
The nature offers a spectacle beyond the sun and the sea, mountains, 4 kilometers of dunes, underwater archaeological site, lytic workshops, rocks with cave inscrisão, artisanal fishing for mullet and the frequent appearance of whales off its coast.
Surrounded by lush nature, with full turisca and hotel infrastructure, diversified trade, and welcoming people make the Praia dos Ingleses a quality destination. They are beach 5km, with average blue waters ripple. The Praia dos Ingleses is a real city with its own life, bars, restaurants with typical food and shopping centers. Fishing, made by local fishermen, ensures seafood freshly baked in the beach restaurants.
Fun in nature
The nature here offers a sideshow. Sea and mountain together make up a very special picture, rare to be found in this country. There are many leisure options, but among them we can highlight:
- . 5; "> trips in the surrounding islands
- nature trails
- Water sports: Sailing, surfing, Wind - surfing, kayaking etc.
- .5; "> Ecotourism: fauna observation, flora, diving etc.
And many other options that will be available on this site
The British and Santinho beaches are separated by 4km dunes, a feast for those who enjoy sand boarding or a nice walk on the sands. The beach is certainly the main tourist point of the place. With almost five kilometers long, the narrow strip of sand is washed by open sea, blue waters and with average undulation.
In high season the average water temperature of 22ºC and ensures a nice bath. In the busiest days, the waves do not get to be big, but they have a good education and surfers enjoy.
In the cooler months, shoals of fish that swim up the coast looking for warmer waters of the Rio Grande do Sul to spawn make fishing the main activity of British residents. The Costao dos Ingleses is suitable for snorkeling and the Morro dos Ingleses a great choice for trails.
Historically, the British beach was a fishing center, with the beach in record mullet bids, with more than 80,000 in one bid. Nowadays the fishing activity is greatly reduced, however, he did not stop at all though, the tourist traffic, especially the summer, is preventing the work of fishermen, who are therefore looking for other activities, or other places of job.
It is also a residential area, with more than 15,000 permanent residents because the access roads, now duplicate tracks are good road characteristics. It has many hotels, restaurants, bank branches health centers, general services and other urban structures s. British integrates international tourism routes, offering attractive, leisure, sport, music, nightclubs, tours, camping and more.
With the mass migration of islanders to the city between 1747 and 1756, the difficulties of access to the most remote areas led the government to decentralize power by dividing the island in parishes, which later give rise to intendancies. English was part of the Parish of St. John the Baptist of the Red River, founded in 1831, and the name of the beach due to an English ship that ran aground there.
There are two hypotheses for the ship's destination. The first is that it floated and went on his way, leaving some of the crew on the Island. The other says that it sank.
Praia dos Ingleses belongs to the District of the Red River English and is distant 40 km from Florianopolis city center, through the SC Highway 401. It has 4830 meters long and its width varies from 6 to 50 meters.